Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Do What They Tell Me!

I do what they tell me because anytime i can take the easy way i always choose it. Sure i did not want to take "Reading and Writing Advanced Essays", however Dr. Murphy told me i needed it and that Benton was a really cool teacher(Her words not mine). Yet i come into this class with a semi open mind. I know that i dont want to be here and im sure you dont either so i figure that covers the "semi" part and from that point on i am open to how you treat this class and whether or not i actually have fun and learn something. I guess i have been doing what people tell me all my life. People probably think that i am a open or even daring person, maybe think im spontaneous. Well im not, i do what is safe and what will not get me in trouble. Of coarse i did have my rebellion days of high school when i got in some trouble. I mean who hasn't ever stole a car or knocked over a few mailboxes.

Yet when it came to my dad telling what to do i followed. Maybe it was the fear of him punching me in the mouth (though he never laid a hand on me) maybe it was just the great respect i held for him and how he grew up. I would like to think that it was just because i didn't want to start a fight so i just went with it. Moving to Oklahoma wasnt my choice, actually going to college and playing football was not my choice either. Yet society tells you that if you dont go to college you are doomed to live paycheck to paycheck the rest of your life, unless you are smart like Bill Gates or you are stupid enough to play the lotto alot. (Neither of which are me). So do what they tell me i will and i will not complain about my easy lifestyle that contains no real tough choices but just choices to follow the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment